Georgetown, TX 78628
ryan @ ryanspitler.com
TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT: Application Development
Highly effective executive with distinguished management experience leading technical teams, information systems deployment and building Development divisions for high-growth service oriented technological organizations/departments. I have demonstrated repeated success guiding sizeable, cross-functional teams and launching leading-edge technical solutions that drive revenue and efficiency. Expertise in requirements gathering and needs assessment, technical strategy, business processes and documentation. Skilled system designer and project architect.
Hard and soft skills:
* Technically savvy, resourceful leader with experience demanding and delivering the highest standards of excellence in team development, application deployment and project lifecycle development.
* Delivers excellence in project management, engagement planning, sales & marketing support, new application development, application maintenance and system and database design.
* Decisive, resourceful and people-oriented leader able to plan and manage the entire application development lifecycle to fulfill complex requirements of major Investment Banking, Healthcare, Pharma and other institutions.
* Solid background directing and motivating teams to deliver quality solutions and support within aggressive time and budget constraints as well as during periods of crisis or change.
* Excellent communicator capable of interacting productively with all parties to coordinate cross-functional efforts, consult executives, resolve mission-critical issues and ensure full customer satisfaction.
* Hands on and straightforward leadership.
*Agile and RAD project methodology experience.
WorkflowOne – (July 2008 to Present)
Manager, Application Development – Irving, TX (Telecommute)
Responsible for design and development of document management and billing solution applications. Redesigned and developed Print on Demand application utilizing HTML5, Kendo UI, JQuery and WebAPI services. I am responsible for application database development, stability and tuning. I worked directly with clients and Account Managers developing project timelines, managing client expectations, and developing business rules.
- Manage day-to-day development and maintenance of multiple client applications
- Maintain C# and VB.Net applications connected to SQL 2005/2008/2012 databases
- Responsible for writing, maintaining, and tuning SQL 2005/2008/2012 stored procedures
- Provided support and development for a portal application for creating Print on Demand postcards for the oil change industry
Epsilon, An Alliance Data Systems Company – (Feb 2001 to May 2008)
Clients: Schwab, Fidelity, Edward Jones, Nestle Purina, Midas, Hilton HHonors, Amgen, Astrazeneca, March of Dimes, SBC, Principal Financial, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Bank of America, and Relizon.
Director, Digital Solutions – Irving, TX
Responsible for design, development, vision, and maintenance of all Web and interactive database development for multiple accounts, managing a team of 16 developers and database administrators. Managed project resources to ensure time lines were met and projects came in on budget. Created project time and cost estimates based on Statement of Work documents. As technical lead, I worked directly with sales team and participated in RFPs and demos for perspective clients and new opportunities. Responsible for hiring, performance reviews, security reviews, and code-reviews. I worked directly with clients and Business Systems Analysts / Account Managers developing project timelines, managing client expectations, and developing business rules.
- Designed and created multi-million dollar revenue generating Print on Demand product used across multiple clients, primarily in the financial services arena.
- Managed multiple Web Farms with over 99% uptime.
- Developed and implemented software engineering and coding standards
- Technology Lead for the Midas CRM Database build
- Developed call center support applications for Pharmaceutical and Non-Profit clients used to interface with client databases running on Oracle, SQL Server, and Netezza using a customizable framework developed in ASP.Net
- Migrated E-Survey solution from legacy ASP / VB Com to ASP.Net, .Net Server Controls, and VB.Net web services.
- Championed effort to migrate international n-tier website from legacy ASP to ASP.Net
- Managed day-to-day development and maintenance of HHonors 4 server load balanced web farm, averaging 1,600,000 hits per day. N-tier architecture consisted of Web Application front end connected to middle tier business objects via MSMQ and the data layer connected to an Oracle backend.
- Designed and developed .Net application (Echo) to present real time attribute based messaging to members of the Hilton HHonors loyalty program via multiple channels. ASP.Net Web Service Engine returned targeted XML based messages based on facts about a member.
- Designed and Developed multi-threaded TPC/IP Socket based application that received PGP encrypted XML from outside vendors to process real-time requests for member information. Later migrated application to .Net framework and allowed SSL connections through an exposed Web Service.
- Developed real-time error monitoring Web Service for web-based applications that asynchronously logged errors and notified key personnel via cell/text pager when errors reached an unacceptable rate.
- Created Web Service to process real time e-commerce credit card transactions through Verisign’s PayFlowPro using XML.
Intellinex LLC. – (January 2001)
Clients: Turner Construction
Sr. Application Developer – Irving, TX (January 2001)
Technium, Inc. – (November 2000 – December 2000)
Application Development Consultant
Sabre, Inc. – (1998 – 2000)
Web Application Developer – Ft Worth, TX (1999 – 2000)
- Responsibilities involved meeting with clients, gathering Business Requirements, writing Statements of Work, managing projects, Database Modeling, Design and Development, developing User Interfaces, developing middle tier business logic, integrating security, and database integration.
National Accounts – Ft Worth, TX / Miami, FL (1998 – 1999)
Contractor for Dallas Info Systems (1998)
Circle of Excellence Award for National Accounts Customer Service, September 1999
- Developed National Accounts Customer Service Intranet, which provided an integrated web database roster, updateable message board, and other useful features for team members.
- Managed installations and system integration for National Accounts in the Florida Region. Installed and assisted in installations of Ethernet and Token Ring LANs ranging in size from one to three hundred workstations.
Alternative Resources Inc. – (1997 – 1998)
PC Technician II – Greeley, CO (1997 – 1998)
Service Excellence Award “for demonstrating commitment and quality” at the client’s site, March 1998
- Regional Technical Support for large Insurance Company. Worked in team environment that supported all claims offices in a three state region that included Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.
- Desk side and telephone support/troubleshooting of desktop and laptop workstation software and hardware down to component level.
Certifications and Training
- SQL Server Reporting Services, August 2005
- Microsoft Certified Professional, July 2000
- Internal Management training courses.
- Various Microsoft MSDN quarterly technical workshops, since 2001
- Mastering Enterprise Development Using VB 6 (MS1016), October 2000
- Visual Basic Insiders Technical Summit (VBITS), Orlando, September 2000
- Mastering Visual Basic 6 Development (MS1013), August 2000
- Mastering Web Application Development Using MS Visual Interdev 6 (MS1017), June 2000
Computer Science, Southwest Texas State University 1994 – 1996
Key Technical Skills:
- Web Services
- Telerik, KendoUI
- Multi-Threaded n-tier applications
- ASP.Net, ASP
- Visual Basic
- HTML, DHTML, CSS
- SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 7, Oracle 8/9i
- T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services
- MS Visual Studio.Net 2012-2002
- SQL Management Studio
- SQL Enterprise Manager / Query Analyzer
- Visual Source Safe
- PGP Encryption
- MS Office
- Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop
- IIS 4/5/6/7
- Agile Software Development Methodology
- RAD Development Methodology